[TenTec] Waterfall & sweep display

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Waterfall & sweep display
From: "Philip C. Anderson" <xtraham58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:56:43 -0500
Good evening folks,

During the 160 contest this past weekend I had a chance to play with these
features, waterfall & sweep displays.

First of all I noticed that I had to have the RF preamp ON in both cases in
order to see much of anything. In the sweep mode, with the preamp OFF the
signals are just  slightly above the base line. In the waterfall mode, which is
very washed out no contrast,I could barely see anything until I turned the
preamp ON.

Is this normal and is that all that I should expect?

73's Andy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE NRA