Re: [TenTec] Omni A-D Series B project

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni A-D Series B project
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:41:07 -0600
Red stuff might be wheel bearing grease for high temperature
applications with disk brakes. I'm sure the right stuff isn't the open
gear grease made for exposed gears on surface mining machinery that's
more like black tar. I did a good search on "open gear grease" without
the quotes and got 260,000 hits. I suspect there are 20 open gear
greases for EACH maker of grease. Maybe that bicycle grease isn't such a
bad selection.

Like the Penzoil 707L that turned up for high temperature wheel bearing
grease. Its red. Or Mystik JT 6 number 2 is red for high temperature
applications including wheel bearings with disk brakes. Its available at
O'Reilly Auto parts stores they say on line. Most far stores carry
Mystik products. Googling "wheel bearing grease" without the quotes gets
454,000 hits. The grease in the kit I have from Tentec was red, kind of
translucent, much like high temperature wheel bearing grease.

73, Jerry, K0CQ