[TenTec] Opinions on the Paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Opinions on the Paragon
From: Jeramy Ross <w5xtl@filexiii.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 15:35:01 -0500
Hello all,

    I have the opportunity to pick up a Paragon in great condition.  It's
been gone through by Ten-Tec (Major/Minor loop boards fixed, aligned, and
fully gone through).  Opinions
on this rig, when looking at the reviews, seem to be sharply divided.  I
love the size and looks of the rig, but am wondering about first hand
experience in it's actual operation.  Is it a maintenance nightmare?  Are
parts still generally available if needed?  Any issues with the CPU and
control circuitry (where I see the most issues obtaining parts if needed...
I could be wrong... but digital obsolescence scares the heck out of me when
it comes to trying to find parts for rigs).

Thank you in advance,
Jeramy / W5XTL