Re: [TenTec] Orion II T/R Relay Noise Reduction Ideas?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II T/R Relay Noise Reduction Ideas?
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:23:20 -0700
John:

I noticed the same thing and tried encapsulating the relay with that
material that's like Coax Seal.  It quieted the relay completely, but I
noticed that when I ran in CW contests, after a few hours the relay would
stick for a second in the TX position, so I changed out the relay with a new
one from TT, but this time I left the leads on it an didn't press it all the
way down into the circuit board.  I can still hear it, but it's not as loud
as when the radio was new.

Hope that helps!

            Ron N6IE
       www.N6IE.com