Re: [TenTec] Buying on EBay

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Buying on EBay
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:11:48 -0700
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:55:12 -0700 (PDT), Roger Rippy wrote:

>Would I be better off keeping an eye out on E Ham or QRZ?

I've bought a lot of stuff on EBay, mostly, but not always, with good
results. I've also bought and sold on eham, no negative experiences, and
am far more comfortable with it than EBay. I recently sold some things
there for the widow of a friend who is now SK. I think qth.net also has a
swap/sell site. Like anything else in today's world, you must keep your
wits about you with respect to scams and scum. :)

BTW -- the product reviews on eham are also quite useful. Like anywhere
else, you must keep your BS filter firmly in place, separating out the
comments from the newly licensed, non-techie folks from those who know
what they're talking about.

73,

Jim K9YC