Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII vs. K3 ? Opinions invited.,
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:52:10 -0500
We were talking about the old Omni's and Tritons, etc.
They didn't do that.

What Ten-Tec did was use an 18A circuit breaker to prevent too much current
flow.
It basically accomplished the same thing, so it did not have less
protection, it just handled it differently.

I don't like the heat sinks inside the rig, as the K3 has them.
I prefer them on the back panel with the ribs vertical, as they should be
(like Ten-Tec does it).