[TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:20:50 -0500
I have noticed a subtle characteristic with my OII on 15 m CW
transmit: the power output varies in a random fashion key down CW.
This happens whether I use a dummy load, tuner, or antenna. I noticed
this with the V2.041XL firmware, and so went to the 2.039d firmware.
Using V2.041XL on 15 m, with the power output is set to 100 the ALC
light didn't illuminate, but did using V2.039d. I still, however, see
the power output fluctuation with either firmware version. Using
V2.041XL, I see this a bit on 12 m, too. I only see it on 15 m using V2.039d.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Kim Elmore N5OP