Re: [TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II 15 m CW Transmit Power Fluctuation
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:40:31 -0400
YES -- exactly my point... most guys check the main antenna
cables, out to the antenna,  but not their jumpers between
the tuner, switch box, meter, etc.  Some guys have lots of
jumpers, from the rig to the amp,  the amp to a meter, the
meter to the tuner, the tuner to a switch box, the switch box
to a bulkhead adapter through he wall,  then the cable to the
antenna starts.   Any of those could be problematic, but few
guys look hard at them as causing RF in the shack because they
are so short, I guess.    Heck ... YOU told me to check ALL
my cables like that and it solved my problem !    ;-)

THEN if there IS a problem on a jumper, it would put RF in
in the shack which the microphone or other accessory with
a pin 1 problem could pick it up.

N'est ce pas?