Re: [TenTec] headsets

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] headsets
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:22:01 -0400
REALLY ?   Consider this:

If you want HEIL, then you can get either HEIL
or TT....  as the Model 777 look a lot like the new HEIL
Pro Elite model !    (more on this below)

But,... If you think HEIL sets are expensive, wait until
you price really top notch pro headset offerings from
Sennheiser,  BeyerDynamic,  AudioTechnica,  Shure, and
the like !

I have a $300 pair of Sennheiser HMD-45-6 open air headset,
and a $250 Shure SM-2 set (closed ear)  and will be buying
a $200 AudioTechnica headset soon.  THESE ARE PROFESSIONAL
GRADE headsets used by announcers,  air traffic controllers,
and recording and TV studio engineers.

Many of the Heil Pro line models appear to be made by
Eartech - at least that is how they look to me, but
with HEIL-specific and HEIL brand microphone elements,
and they are pretty much consistent with similar Eartech
model prices.

Or... maybe compare the Heil BM series with the Shure 512 and
Shure VR-250....

      Coincidence ...?     Maybe !

Parts is parts, ya know.

But the new 777 sure looks like the new Heil Pro Elite headset
so the differences may be down to what mic element each has,
as the rest may be pretty much parts is parts.

      http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/press/elite-boomset.htm

What do you think?    I WILL BE ASKING TT ABOUT THIS ON MONDAY !

AIN'T THIS FUN ! ? ! ? ???

steven wendt wrote:

   If it is 1/2 as good as a Heil I'm sold.

To me Heil has over priced themselves,