[TenTec] update on new ten tec headphone/boom mic use in the field

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] update on new ten tec headphone/boom mic use in the field
From: steven wendt <kb9rds@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 06:56:16 -0700 (PDT)
Got my new TT #777 headset/mic in today and decided to give it a shack down.  I
am 1 of the members of the W9IMS  ( Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Club) and
took if down there to give it a some air time.

1.  It was very comfortable to wear.  Very light weight it set on my large head
well.

2.  Very Quiet, outside noise was nill with hams standing around chatting,
allowing me to concentrate on the band.  (Fri night 20 meters)

3. Got very good sig reports, but with out big antennas and amp, that did not
surprise me.

4. Used it for 3 hours and really have no issues with it.

5. Heil adapter for Icom will work on this headphones.
Conclusion:  Ten Tec has a WINNER with this new headphone/mic setup,   model
#777.
Well worth the price and glade i got them.

Steve Wendt
KB9RDS