Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 411 Centaur Amp Problem
From: Alan Sewell N5NA <alan.n5na@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:55:59 -0500
I have an Alpha 89.  Several months ago I noticed the SWR was fairly
high on one of the bands.  I don't remember which one now.  I had a
short jumper, maybe a couple of feet, between the rig and the amp.

I did some Googling and found reference to using a longer jumper.  Then
I re-read the Alpha 89 manual and found in the installation part of the
manual the first step is "Connect a 50 ohm coax cable 60-72" long
(supplied) from the transceiver....."  When I replaced the short cable
with a 6' cable all was well.

73,  Alan  N5NA