Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V, PSK31 and ALC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V, PSK31 and ALC
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 20:41:19 -0500
Normally on PSK very low power is best and running into ALC using causes
splatter that others see on their waterfall displays and they WILL
COMPLAIN about you using excess bandwidth. Back off so you don't get any
ALC light and they will be happier. Or drive it up with someone watching
the spectrum and see how much you can drive it without increasing the
bandwidth.

73, Jerry, K0CQ