[TenTec] OMNI VI Trouble Shooting Question

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Trouble Shooting Question
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:07:18 -0700 (PDT)
First, I want to thank Rick NJ0IP, Joe N5KAT
and John N0IJ for your thoughts and suggestions.
John reminded me that it is an Option 2 rig
and suggested the master reset, which I will
do regardless. Rick and Joe believe it could
be a power supply issue and that may be worth
a try in the process of trial and elimination.
The cooling fins on the TT 961 power supply
seem to get a lot warmer than those on the TT252G
so there may be some type of resistance in the
feed that could make this happen. I am certainly
not a radio tech but it is worth a try. At any
rate, thanks guys and I'll let you know how this
all works out. 73s and have a great day...W7RIP Rip