[TenTec] OT: 459 is not always an RST

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: 459 is not always an RST
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:57:28 -0400
This is slightly OT, so if you're not interested, please accept my
apologies, hit the delete key, and move onwards.  I just have to brag, just
a little bit.

I mentioned a few months back that there was a good chance that my son would
be taking a job in Memphis, and as a result was wondering how far away
Sevierville was.  And again, my thanks to all who responded and gave me a
lot of good information.  The bad news is that due to a family situation, he
is passing on the opportunity for the time being (medical issues in his
wife's family).  But the good news is that it won't all be for naught.

We just got back from Dallas, where my daughter attended a convention for
aspiring models, dancers, actors and singers.  She did very well (was
selected 2nd runner up as a singer in her age group, out of ~150 attendees
in that group, not bad!), but more importantly, she has two agencies
interested in signing her up as a singer.

One of them is an agency called Dollywood in TN.  Yes, it is connected to
Dolly Parton's theme park... and we all know what manufacturer of high
quality amateur radio gear is located right down the street from them...

So sometime in the near future, it looks like I'm going to get a chance to
visit the factory after all!

When we were talking, I did ask how close the two were.  I got an earful...
a good one, the people at the agency think very highly of Ten-Tec.

Funny how things work out sometimes!

73, ron w3wn