Re: [TenTec] 540 triton 245 cw filter

To: mhartwe@gmail.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 540 triton 245 cw filter
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:16:22 -0400
Marty,
I don't a loose filter, but I built one for my 540 from a schematic
for an external filter that MFJ had years ago using some 741 (or the
dual version) op amps.  It works really well.  You just have to go
into the empty place where the filter goes inside the rig, remove
the jumper, connect to input, output, power and the switch that controls
the # of poles in place.
I can probably find the schematic, since MFJ had them with products then.

On the other hand, I just got a kit of the filter kit sold by the NEQRP
group, and I'm thinking of putting it in another 540 to see how it will
do.  Should be much more capable and should fit in the same place.

see http://newenglandqrp.org/nescaf

You would probably need to mount it externally to use controls...
Let me know if I can send you the diagram...

John, K4AVX
k4avx1@windstream.net