Re: [TenTec] heat in T-T xceivers

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] heat in T-T xceivers
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:11:13 -0500
Look for fans with serrated blades, the are often quieter. But then just
look at the specifications for the new fan for noise level. At Mouser
(www.mouser.com) they run from 7 dBA to 78 dBA. I kind of doubt that 7
dBA, its hard to get a sound laboratory that quiet to measure it. But
look at the model 8412NGLE, its rated 20 cfm at 14 dBA for $21, 99 in
stock. 80mm (3.14") square, runs on 12 volts DC.

Or for 120 volts AC look at the 21 cfm OA92AP-11-3WB at 19 dBA for
$14.58, 81 in stock. My sound meter doesn't register below 30 dBA, an my
breathing is that loud.

I have a compaq computer that is very quiet next to another the seems
like it roars in comparison. Quiet fans are possible.

73, Jerry, K0CQ