Re: [TenTec] 262M Power Supply

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 262M Power Supply
From: Michael Wilke <wb4aql@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:24:39 -0400
With everyone`s help, I`ve gotten this thing going again.

It turned out to be a two part problem. In the beginning the supply just
quit while transmitting. As mentioned in original post, I thought I was
hearing a buzz in the sidetone if drive and therefore power supply demand
was increased. I got it going again by cleaning the connectors on the power
cable. It then quit again. I checked continuity on the pass transistor.
Every lead combination checked shorted. I replaced the pass transistor and
it`s working and the sidetone buzz is gone.

The pass transistor runs hot even with a big heatsink. I`ve used a fan on it
the last few years, but I guess it just finally gave up the ghost.

Many thanks to everyone.

Michael  WB4AQL