[TenTec] Ten Tec Power Supplies

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Power Supplies
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:53:17 -0400 (EDT)
I owned a TT PS for awhile, but it had a single pass transistor without the OVP
module ( crowbar ), so fear of putting 25 VDC into the rig from a 30-year old
transistor failing caused me to never use the thing.  For awhile I contemplated
building a crowbar, but ended up selling the PS, now use a switching supply
with meters and just keep the current levels below the danger point.

When did Ten-Tec start incorporating OVP ( and/or dual pass transistors )into
their power supplies?  Which models are "safe" from the destroying the powered
device because of single-component failure?  So far, I've avoided buying any TT
power supplies because am never sure which of them are "safe".

73, Curt KB5JO