[TenTec] Fw: Orion II with w2ihy EQ plus

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Orion II with w2ihy EQ plus
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 13:07:41 -0700 (PDT)
First I don't have a W2IHY EQ but I had an earlier version from Julius.  It
sounds like the headphones are plugged into the EQ?  If they are, I believe
that
is the monitor circuit for making adjustments to the EQ and it likely is hot
all
the time.

If you plug the headphones into the Orion the problem should go away.

 73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website: http://www.ve7tk.com

[TenTec] Orion II with w2ihy EQ plus
Saturday, September 04, 2010 21:00:57
From:
"John Molenda" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>

I am having trouble hooking my OII to the EQ plus .  I have a heil mic  with
the
OII and the new EQ  problem is the mic is hot all the time it  will pick up all
the sounds in the room and will tx those if I key it up  if I don't key it the
EQ will show in put and I will hear it in my head  phones but it will not tx
the
radio .  does any one have a similar  setup correct ?  I just can't figure out
what I am doing wrong .  thanks  John kb2huk