[TenTec] The Eagle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:53:47 -0400
I'm astonished that the Eagle has appeared fully prepped and is only
awaiting FCC certification. Most other recently-introduced rigs have had
long public lead times. T-T seems ready to ship these babies. The TS-590 is
still not available although it got FCC certification some weeks ago. I
agree the Eagle looks a lot like my Argo V even though its DSP architecture
is miles ahead. I do like the Argo's analog meter, though :-)

John Henry must be some kind of genius, since his arrival has created a lot
of buzz for the company and it's clear he is not slowing down. What will he
think of next?  I wonder, by the by, if Scott Robbins had anything to do
with developing this new rig prior to his departure? So I've got an analog
Argosy 525, an Argo V, and two OMNI VIs. What do I do now?

73,

John, W3ULS