Re: [TenTec] Need help understanding Orion II receive artifact

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need help understanding Orion II receive artifact
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:39:09 -0600
Hardware AGC pumping. Full RF gain and no attenuation invites it. A good
post filter audio AGC to compensate should have cured it but that
concept doesn't seem to have reached the DSP receiver.

The same thing happens in a conventional receiver with audio filtering
after the AGC detector.

73, Jerry, K0CQ