Re: [TenTec] Argosy

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:50:29 -0600
I had this problem in my Triton 2.
Well a similar problem.
Sometimes the audio would go dead.

Using the eraser end of a pencil, I tapped around on all of the components
of the audio board until I found a section of the board which seemed to
cause it to go on and off if I tapped it.

I removed the board and re-soldered everything near and in that area.
The problem was solved.
I can't say which component actually had the cold solder joint, but at least
it now works.

73
Rick