Re: [TenTec] OT

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:26:59 -0800
On 11/19/2010 6:56 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> But if you wish to state that an air core coil is completely
> ineffective then you are incorrect.

I'm sorry to offend you, Rob, the the supposed effectiveness of a coil
of coax as a feedline choke is another of those myths that, although
based on a grain of truth, and although still preached in ARRL
publications, is often  wrong. We can hang onto our myths and live in
ignorance of reality, or we can realize that they are wrong and get
better at what we do. I choose the latter path.

73, Jim K9YC