Re: [TenTec] Power Suppy for Omni 6 & tuners

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Power Suppy for Omni 6 & tuners
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:08:01 -0600
True. I think there's no RF alignment when replacing the finals in a
broad band PA, but there would be a need to set the idling bias for best
linearity.

Without the PA protection of circuit breaker, fast overloaded fuse, or
current limiting in the power supply all it takes for that "operator
error" is to cough after changing the radio band and before changing the
tuner. Or to have the family dog bark out the shack window at a squirrel
with the rig on SSB and the VOX enabled.

73, Jerry, K0CQ