[TenTec] Fwd: Re: best power supply for Orion II and other items

To: TEN TEC DISCUSSION <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fwd: Re: best power supply for Orion II and other items
From: John Molenda <cdistflatfoot@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:46:28 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [TenTec] best power supply for Orion II and other items
Date:   Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:52:04 -0500
From:   John Molenda <cdistflatfoot@gmail.com>
To:     TEN TEC DISCUSSION <tentec@contesting.com>

I was a bit caviler when describing the noise I had on the radio Last
night , thinking it was not important part of the puzzle so here goes .
I was getting a 20 to 40 over spike reading on the Orion II analog meter
1st on 40 and then I tryed 80, 160 and 10 with the same out come the
needle would go back and fourth every couple of seconds  from 20 to 40
over rhythmically and accompanying that was a loud rhythmic noise ( loud
static ) coming over the speakers . when I first encountered this I went
through the house with my son turning off everything electronic lights ,
dimmer switches , computers etc .  when I finally came to trying the
radio with a different power supply the interference went away and all
was OK .  I also for a time left the original power supply on and found
that with the switch left in the on position and plugged in the supply
would go on and off intermittently . Well /now you know the rest of the
story  . Paul Harvey

John Kb2huk
/