Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 2.044a Questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 2.044a Questions
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:47:36 -0500 (EST)
Jack,

Which roofing filter are you using, and are you sure the hardware NB is
OFF?

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 11/22/2010 3:30:36 A.M. GMT Standard Time,
w4tje@wiredog.com writes:

I  finally got around to downloading the most recent software for the O2.
Here’s  a couple of questions:
With this software, the received audio really jumps  out. I like that. But
with strong signals, esp if there’s a strong signal  close by. I hear
popping in the audio now.
It reminds me of  a very  early software version of the Orion.
I can make it go away by moving the  agc in the menu from flat to one of
the other 2 settings, but then that strong  audio quality goes away as well.
Also, I have been playing with the other  agc settings in the menu all
weekend, and that doesn’t seem to help.
Has  anyone else experienced this, and if so, what settings may help?
I also  noticed the waterfall went away with this version. Not cool. Anyone
know  what’s going on with that.
Signed, Clueless in Fancy Gap.
(Jack  W4TJE)