Re: [TenTec] What's the current consensus on PTO grease?

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What's the current consensus on PTO grease?
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:32:02 -0600
Al, thanks for catching that grade of Dow grease question.  I only had
one grade, and have not had a chance to evaluate the 44 Light.
I am sorry, that is right, there were different grades, and what we had
in the lab was 44 Medium.  We have used it extensively on packing
precision bearings in other higher speed instruments, for its thermal
properties.
As a wide range operating temperature grease, it does not work out of
bearings, and it does not harden over time.  It exceeds what the natural
petroleum grease can do in that regard.
-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH