Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Initial Tune-Up settings - high VSWR

To: geraldj@weather.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Initial Tune-Up settings - high VSWR
From: kf6e@mail.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 08:29:32 -0500
I use the Centurion amp, and noticed that the tune control has essentially no
effect on grid current, and the load control has no effect on almost anything,
except at very wide deviation from the recommended setting.  I tune for maximum
out, and the grid current doesn't change enough to see any difference on the
internal meter.  I can run the load control over most of its range without
changing the output power or the grid current.  The SWR is generally very low -
less than 1.5 to 1 looking into the tuner.  The load control does physically
move the load capacitor.

I guess I should be happy, since this simplifies tune up, but I'm concerned
that there may be something wrong.  Does this indicate a problem?

73,
Frank
KF6E