Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ - no output on 12M/10M and omni 6+/ power issue

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ - no output on 12M/10M and omni 6+/ power issue
From: Wayne Dial <w8aju_wdial@att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:51:58 -0800 (PST)
Gerald, with bad band condx I'm not sure about the rx but always wondered if
there was something wrong there.  I mostly operate 80 and 40m but I'm kind of
thinking about selling the rig and want it to be right.  20m and seventeen
share
the same filter in l.o. mixer so it could be that  one of the switching diodes
or the ic that drives the diodes is the problem?  On other boards the switching
is a  little different.  I really feel the problem is in the ic or one of the
diodes in the mixer board.

Thanks for your interest,
Wayne

P.S.  I will get into it again next week.