Re: [TenTec] Rhombics

To: <geraldj@weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rhombics
From: "N4PY2" <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 19:57:49 -0500
Beverage antennas have much lower signal strength on receive than other
antennas.  The received signal strength on a beverage is usually 6 to 12 db
below a dipole.  But because the beverage is very directive, it only hears
noise from one direction, not all directions.  Hence the signal to noise
ratio on the beverage is usually much better, allowing you to copy much
weaker signals.  But for transmit, your signal will also be 6 to 12 db down,
making the beverage a poor choice for transmit.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com