[TenTec] New Eagle vs. Used Omni VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] New Eagle vs. Used Omni VII
From: kf6e@mail.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 08:28:32 -0500
Fellow Ten Tec admirers,

I'm torn between a new Eagle and a used Omni VII.

I do mostly casual operating, get on contests only to make contacts (never to
compete), operate 160 to 6, do mostly CW and PSK, with some SSB and RTTY.  I'm
thinking about trying remote operation just to see if I can catch a band
opening during my lunch hour at work.

The Eagle has 10 dB more dynamic range narrow spaced, but the sensitivity is
about the same on both rigs.

Does anyone have experience or opinions about which is the better rig?  I
realize that I'd need to operate them for myself, but short of buying them
both, that probably won't happen.

Thanks.

73,
Frank