[TenTec] Vertical Dipoles

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Vertical Dipoles
From: Roger Rippy <svtincup@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 06:19:31 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the feedback Rick (DJ0IP). I cannot
shed any personal light on performance characteristics
of the Force 12 other than my operating experiences. My
QTH is in a tough spot with a canal behind my property,
a short chain link fence across the back and tall
cottonwood trees nearby. Elevation is about a mile high.
I do have the Force 12 XK40 mounted on a pole that raises
the lower T-bars to about 6 feet above ground and no
ground radials. As with most antennas that I have used,
when propagation is good my DX results are also good. I
like the XK40 becasue I enjoy 40, 30, and sometimes 20 meters.
I actually have an occassional morning coffee with one of
the members of "Team Vertical" (the guys who have used all
of Tom's antennas N6BT) and their Contest successes are
well documented. The only real advantage that I see with
the new line of antennas is the feedpoint location and ease
of changing bands that have coils. Was that your take Rick?
73s Rip  W7RIP   Bozeman, Montana