Re: [TenTec] What about antenna wire? What to buy?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What about antenna wire? What to buy?
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 05:17:47 -0500
Tom,

I know you already have several suggestions.
Here's mine:  CQ-532 from THE WIREMAN.
This is #18 stranded copperweld with a dark (black) jacket.
It's OD is 0.09".

Stealth requires thin, and typically #24 or #26 is considered to be stealth,
but if you should ever want to run more power, you will have losses with
these.

A second thing is, if it is too stealth, birds can't see it either.

The #18 seems to be a good compromise.
The birds use it as a pit stop, and when installed about 30' up, behind the
hours, you can't see it from the street.

If it absolutely has to be stealth, then try THE WIREMAN CQ-534 stranded
copperweld.
It is #26, as the same jacket as 532, and an OD of 0.050.
It is OK for 100w and although it is thin, it usually doesn't break (because
it's copperweld).

73
Rick