Re: [TenTec] Orion Display and Power Distribution Board

To: geraldj@weather.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Display and Power Distribution Board
From: Heinz Dietmar Karl <h-d.karl@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:59:34 +0100
Thanks for the feedback.
May I explain my impression that not the transistor BD246C itself is the
problem.
It was not defekt.
Also not whether it was manufactured (see datasheed Bourns) . Yes the
Datas between
BD and Original NTE 378 are slightly different comparing the
dynamics,switching times,
dc current gain,  and I would in any case also prefer the Ten Tec design
with the matched
complementary transistors in the A9.
The real problem was the different housing and because of this,
the extern 8 cm -fare away -beside the board mounted one
of these usualy pair of transistors (377and 378  in this switching mode
supply).
I had some luck to remembering myself to have worked 30years ago as an
development member
designing switchmode power supplies for ac drive inverters for a short time.
best regards
Heinz,DJ8LX