Re: [TenTec] Swapmeets in general WAS: Under the Dirt...a Diamond!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Swapmeets in general WAS: Under the Dirt...a Diamond!
From: "Ken Simpson, W8EK" <W8EK@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:57:59 -0500
Hi Jim and others,

While not on your list of great hamfests like Dayton and TenTec, you
should add Orlando HamCation.  They have topped 10,000 people for
several years.  It is coming up in a couple weeks on February 10, 11,
12, and 13.  Even with the miserable weather we had here in FL last
year, most everything at Orlando HamCation was UP by 10% or so.  That
includes the tailgate area, attendance, swap building, etc.  Only
thing not up 10% was the commercial area, and that was because it was
already full, and could not possibly grow any more.  Many people in
the swap area reported "selling out" within a few hours.

I will be at the QCWA booth in the main commercial area most of the
time, and will also be doing a QCWA forum at 11:15 AM on Saturday.
Please stop by and say hello, and come to the forum.  This applies to
anyone, but especially those licensed 25 years or more.

See you at Orlando HamCation.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK