Re: [TenTec] audio on Omni-VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] audio on Omni-VI+
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 18:23:43 +0000
Don and the group,

I did another round of work on the Omni 6 after posting that first
preliminary mod and I came away more pessimistic after further work
with the Omni 6 rx audio.  When I bypassed all the circuitry after the
product detector, I found the noise level just too high (i,e,
stop-band was to shallow).  The Omni 6 seems to depend on the dsp to
do some needed low pass filtering on the rx audio.  There also seems
to be a tendency for the 6.3Mhz filter to introduce ripple into the
pass-band.

73, Barry N1EU