Re: [TenTec] KW 107 Supermatch

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] KW 107 Supermatch
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:21:00 -0500
Sorry, I forgot to comment on the price.

That's kind of like asking if I would marry a woman I never met.

"If" the coil has not been melted by someone trying to run a KW through it,
then it is certainly worth $200, especially if you are running 400 to 500
watts, which lots of small amps run.

But, for under $200 you can also buy a brand new MFJ-974B or even the
MFJ-974HB which includes 160m.
These tuners also match just about anything, and have a really nice cross
needle SWR and Watt meter.
If I knew I would never run an amp, I would prefer the newer MFJ over the
KW.

Unfortunately the BIG MFJ-976 which will handle high power costs $500.

73
Rick