Re: [TenTec] Orion II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:39:38 -0500
Novice Question 2765 ...

Showing my ignorance, and not owning an Orion II ... yet...
(I have an Omni VII)... could someone please  explain
how one uses the waterfall in a real world situation?
I have seen them in screen shots, and think I know
what they show... but am not sure I know what to DO
in an operational sense after looking at a waterfall display.
Do you tune to the signal image (the way I   tune to a peak
on my band sweep scope display?)   Or is there something
else you do to USE the information displayed on the screen ?

I am sure this is a no-brainer for those with one, but I have
yet to use one, myself.

Happy Trails.    THANKS !