Re: [TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )

To: geraldj@weather.net, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:45:00 -0500 (EST)
The band switching problems and the lack of some bands may be due to the
crystal assembly.  Opening up the rig, some of the crystals are very loose in
their sockets.  Called Ten-Tec about another socket assembly, of course that is
unobtanium.  They gave me the standard lecture about thirty year-old radios
being unrepairable.

I'm thinking to replace the electrolytics on the SSB generator board, have read
folks posting that these miniature caps may not last 30 years.

The display system and finals seem fine, the rig works well on CW.  Maybe just
put it on the shelf for parts.