Re: [TenTec] Speaker cable connector

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Speaker cable connector
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 12:01:07 -0600
Head phone jacks and plugs can be had with metal shells or plastic
shells. I prefer the metal, because they don't break as often. Why the
concern about exposing the grounds? The outside of the phone jack is
grounded to the case isn't it? You have uninsulated hot wires behind the
radio?

The mini molex works, but its also commonly used for power. Speakers
don't survive well when connected to 12 volts.

Beyond those there are thousands of possibilities in the Mouser,
Digi-Key, and MCM catalogs to speak of only a few connector sources in
the world.

73, Jerry, K0CQ