[TenTec] Serial interface between Omni VI+ and computer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Serial interface between Omni VI+ and computer
From: RICHARD GUIDONE <richardvalerie@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:32:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all:   Due to a power spike this past summer the Omni stopped talking to my
computer logging program as well as any other Ham related software.

I have now done the following:   re-built the Model 305 level converter,
verified that the computer's serial port is working with loop-back tests,  sent
the rig to  Ten Tec and asked them to check the rig out (apparently its
okay?).     During  a telephone call with Paul at Ten Tec I was told that Ten
Tec no longer has the ability to test my Model 305 level converter which I was
going to send them to repair since my repair didn't appear to work.

I am now thinking about going inside the rig to replace the RS232 chip in the
rig?

Am I missing something?   Any suggestions?

Ric - VE3XL