Re: [TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI+ rx problem & optical illusion fixed.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI+ rx problem & optical illusion fixed.
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 23:46:47 -0400
I think that is a good summary, Dave.

I think Gerry makes good points about the number of buttons and the
interplay between buttons and menu items.   I do like the fact that I
can do many things in BOTH the menu and on the front panel.   I am one
of the few Omni VII owners (I think) who like to run the radio in front
panel mode (i.e., "Radio" mode)  and also on the computer using N4PY
software.

My ONLY  "complaint" or wish for change is to separate the AF and RF
gain buttons.  I also use the RF Gain a lot, but would like to avoid
pushing the knob before changing to the AF gain - I don't mind sharing
the other knobs with multiple functions.   Certainly if that is my only
quibble, I am OK with the whole thing.

I like the way your put it.