Re: [TenTec] eagle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] eagle
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 18:40:17 -0600
As I've said before and not long ago, a 12 volt PA is very sensitive to
supply voltage and that affects its power output considerably. Even a
tenth of a volt will change the power significantly because the
available voltage swing is limited to supply - about 2 volts which is
only 11.8 volts for a 13.8 volt supply. And the output impedance match
is fixed, so if that load is set for 13.8 volts, the available power
with 13.9 volts will be 1.7% greater. If the supply gives 14.2 volts the
available power will be 6.9% greater. Enough to account for a
significant fraction of the differences reported on this forum. And if
the power supply dips to 13.2 from 13.8, the power will drop by 10%.
Really picky about voltage to make power.

73, Jerry, K0CQ