Re: [TenTec] Corsair question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair question
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:00:21 +0100
Jerry,

I never understood that piece of Ham folklore, or should it be "Ham Myth" :)

In a mixing arrangement comprising a 9MHz IF and a 5-5.5MHz LO, designed
to cover 20m/75m, there is *NO* sideband inversion between the IF and
the RF. A USB signal generated at the 9MHz IF would become a USB signal
on 20m and also a *USB* signal on 80m.

So, simplification of the sideband generation or detection for that
simple mixing arrangement cannot be an explanation for the sideband
convention we have today.

73,
Steve G3TXQ