Re: [TenTec] Titan III - no grid drive

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan III - no grid drive
From: "David W LeJeune" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:55:53 -0500
Hi, Don
        I've had mine for 3 yrs now.  Worked find until very recently.  A
few weeks ago it got a bit intermittent when tuning up on 20 and above, but
usually was able to tune up fine.  Now, I get no output at all on 20 and
above, and no increase in plate current - just sits there with idling plate
current no matter how much drive I give it (I'm using an Orion 2 to drive
it).  Spoke to Tentec this morning, and they said it could be a lot of
things - just send it it in!).
        BTW - I always tune up into a flat 50 ohm load.  The yagi is a
stepir and I set it up with the Orion before I attempt to tune up the Titan
III. After arc'ing a load capacitor in the Titan, I found that it's not good
to load into anything other that a fairly flat 50 ohm load with SWR less
that 1.5 to 1.

        Thanks

Dave WN5V