[TenTec] Fwd: O3 The Next Generation

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Fwd: O3 The Next Generation
From: "n4dxi@arrl.net" <n4dxi@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 23:18:18 -0400

From: n4dxi@arrl.net <n4dxi@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, May 12, 2011 9:37 pm
Subject: O3 The Next Generation

Spectrum Analyzers are fine, but I'd rather have an separate
device/display or have it displayed on a PC.

My main interest in any transceiver is the receiver: selectivity and
sensitivity.  Today all  transceivers have a fairly clean output
signal, and
if I want more watts, I have a wide selection of possible amplifiers.
I want the transceiver with the best ability to hear, to dig out
signals covered by noise and QRM.

I'd like to see a phase reversal or enhancer from a separate "noise or
receive only
antenna".  The transceiver would digitize and, based on operator
control, either subtract or add the noise antenna signal to/from the
main antenna signal.  DSP would phase the two signals together and
selectively remove or enhance them.  This would provide a wonderful way
to delete noise, qrm, qrn or to enhance a weak signal.  The noise
antenna could be a vertical, a very low antenna, or even a directional
antenna....maybe even the old rabbit ears.   I know these devices are
available as an outboard box, but with internal DSP processing, I think
the results could be dramatic and nothing on the market at any price
could touch it.

73....John Bescher, N4DXI