[TenTec] Relay Chatter in Omni VI+

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Relay Chatter in Omni VI+
From: "Tom Stone" <sail8@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:34:26 -0400
I recently purchased a near mint Omni VI+ and have used it on 40M and 160M
without a problem. When I push the button for 80M I can hear what sounds
like a relay faintly chattering somewhere near the front, left center of the
rig. Sometimes it is a steady chattering and other times, after a master
reset, it will allow me to tune on 80M , then I will hear a few major
clicking sounds in the same general area and it won't tune on 80M again. I
have a jumper between the TX OUT/TX EN as suggested on p.3-10 in the manual,
but 'am using an amplifier with it.

Does this sound like something I can fix or should I just throw in the towel
and send it to Sevierville?

Thanks for any input.  73, Tom - N3XQ