Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 +

To: f6ddv <f6ddv@wanadoo.fr>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6 +
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 22:42:45 +0300
On Jun 8, 2011, at 10:17 PM, f6ddv wrote:

> This list is it for the technical discussion on TRX and other
> products Ten-Tec?

Yes.

> Or it may be a list to sell used equipment?

Yes.

Why can't it be both?

There is a good reason for listing equipment for sale HERE instead of
somewhere else. Most likely it will be purchased by someone who knows
(or knows how to find out) what it is, what it's value is (both
financial and intrinsic), how to operate it and how to fix it. Most
likely it will be kept intact, or added to, instead of being stripped
and sold as parts or an empty rig and separate add-ons.

It's unlikely to be sold by someone who is selling a box full of
bricks, or paying with a fake money order.

Although I am not currently in the market being outside of the US, as
you are, if I were to buy another radio it would probably come from
this list (or another similar one for a different brand).
This makes my chance of getting something that actually works, is as
described, etc far greater than from auction sites, etc.

Not that there is much to buy, AFAIK there are four Ten-Tec radios in
the entire country, I own two, another ham I know owns one, and one is
in a museum. If there is another Israeli ham on this list, I have
never seen a posting by them.

Bear in mind that the sales are not welcome on ham radio lists because
if they are carried by ham radio, they fall outside what is considered
legal traffic. The same thing applied to the internet up until around
1993 when commerical internet service providers became common. This
list is on a private server, connected by a private internet, so there
is no such restriction.

73,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.