[TenTec] Omni VI+ BFO

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ BFO
From: "Tom Mandera" <tsm1@tmcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:05:30 -0600
> Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:59:30 -0400
> From: "Tom Stone" <sail8@verizon.net>
> Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Frequency Display Problem Only On LSB
> To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
>
> Has any owner of an Omni VI+ ever had a problem similar to this? (With the
> RIT off, Identical Side tone and Pass Band Tuning set at zero on both
> rigs)
> 160M - LSB - Orion II 1.900.000 For the same voice quality (sounds the
> same)
> the Omni had to be tuned to 1.899.75

I believe I have a similar issue, but notice it mostly on USB.

I find the most pleasing audio at .85 most of the time.

As was mentioned, it's not a huge deal, given there is no rule that one
should park the VFO at ".00" or ".50" or .25/75 on the dial, but it's
somewhat annoying (and my Paragon II didn't exhibit this characteristic,
but also sports a wider filter choice) and most operators DO sit on an
even frequency simply because the modern rigs let us.

I guess I'll be looking at the manual a bit more this weekend and maybe I
can bring it back to alignment.

-Tom
ke7vux
Paragon II (blown ALC from static)