[TenTec] Omni VI Filter bandpass frequency

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Filter bandpass frequency
From: "Keith Hamilton" <tuner@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:19:19 -0400
I am a new owner of an OMNI VI Option 3. In the 6.3mHz Passband IF I have
installed a #288 1.8hz filter a #285 500hz filter and a #282 250hz filter. When
I tune to a CW signal I tune to the tonal frequency heard when you press the CW
key in. When I have the radio zeroed in on the CW signal I hear the signal fine
with the 2.4, 1.8 and 500hz filters but when I switch to the 250 hz filter the
signal goes way down in strength and volume. In order to bring the signal back
up to the level present in the 500 hz filter I must tune the receiver higher
say from 7.040.00 to 7.40.20. The filters center seems to be too high. Can this
be adjusted inside the radio or has the filter drifted and needs to be replaced?
Thanks for the newbe question. If I have not been clear about the problem
please let me know.  73
Keith W8GX